Hiring now: Head Brewer
Senior/Head Brewer, Canopy
Brewing in Herne Hill, south London, since 2014, Canopy are here making beer because it’s hard, not because it’s easy. We’ve got a loyal and dedicated following for our beer and we believe that being small doesn’t mean you’re not ambitious. We’re all about championing the small achievements in life - win or lose, we all celebrate with a beer at the end of the day.
Joining our compact team in Herne Hill, you will be taking the lead on all aspects of brewing & packaging at Canopy, working with our 12BBL brewery and ABE canning line. Working independently, you will be responsible for all aspects of production, scheduling & procurement so self-motivation and a proactive outlook are essential. You will have current, relevant working knowledge of brewing and QA processes and an understanding of the workflow in a small brewery. Alongside responsibility for our core range production you’ll have the opportunity to develop new beers on a regular basis as part of our limited edition series.
As we are a fairly small brewery, this may be an ideal position for an experienced brewer who is looking to take their next step, affording the opportunity to lead the team whilst retaining a hands-on production role. You’ll have the ability to express your own creativity whilst also working within the framework of our existing structure.
- Coordinating all aspects of production & packaging
- Maintaining accurate production records
- Overseeing all equipment & noting any maintenance needed
- Ensuring H&S procedures adhered to
- Management of brewery team & liaison with Heads of Production & Communication
- General warehousing as required
- Ensuring smooth transition between brewery & taproom
- Problem-solving & technically minded
- Experienced in brewing & packaging (including canning line operation)
- Forklift driving experience
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
We welcome all applicants with relevant experience.
The salary for this role is £27,000-£32,000pa depending on experience. In addition to our standard 28 days holiday we offer a range of benefits including discounts in our taproom and sister bar The Sympathetic Ear and a cycle to work scheme.
To apply for this position, please send CVs and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org